New government plan lacks concrete figures - economist
Our guest is economist Vilen Khachatryan.
- In your opinion what plan the government has presented?
- As compared with the previous ones this plan has new initiatives. But as an economist I would like to see certain figures like the growth of GDP or economy, or what percent of reduction of unemployment rate will be registered. The plan does not present any figures. Probably while making the plan they avoided from concrete numbers so that there will not be any responsibility in future or they have made general formations to be more flexible in their steps.
- The plan registers the necessity of urgent reforms. Does it offer proper solutions for the development of the economy?
- Naturally, there are provisions on solutions both for short term as well and we may say that the basis of the plan is made of these solutions but there are also long term and mid term ideas as well.
- The plan says that in three months the illegal acquisitions must be criminalized. What impact will it have on the economy?
- Sending a person to jail is not a solution. If a person has become rich using illegal ways it is necessary to seize his property and make him work to return the money.
- It is not a secret that we have a big shadow economy. May be this step is addressed to reduce it?
- I do not think that all the businessmen having shadow employees will be punished. May be just one or two.
- Does it mean a selective policy will be conducted?
- Yes, and as a result the field will be divided into two parts. I mean this step is addressed against few. A businessman is not a criminal if a person makes illegal deals in many cases it is not aimed at becoming rich but to survive. I mean small business in particular.